Sunday, September 30, 2007

9/30/2007

Alright, so it is the last day of September and I have some more news.

I have been doing a lot with the project off and on this week, but have not really taken a seat and written down anything about it until now.

First off, one of the readings I did in my Development and Underdevelopment class was actually right on par with my subject matter. It was about "Queering Development" and Latin America was mentioned by not just the paper but by Cynthia herself. She even mentioned the term 'marica', which I am sure most of the students did not know, except for Mark Cormier and myself, because we are both in LAS.

That class reading assignment was the perfect way to open up to Cynthia (who happens to be my advisor) about what I am trying to do with senior seminar. I followed her back to her office and she gave me a sheet of what she thought was approriate based on her research. (which was very good) Then she handed me a book of her's about sexual diversity, which turned out to have some excellent information inside. It was an excellent thing to read when I took my mom to Carolina's Medical Center in Charlotte the next day. I read enough that I could give the book back to Cynthia the following day.

I have some notes I have collected from some books I found at the Patrick Beaver Library in Hickory and Lenoir Rhyne College, also in Hickory. L-R actually had a better selection of what I am looking for. One of the books, which I plan on using to open the paper, is so large that I still am having to go back and look at it, because you need an L-R I.D. to check it out. So I am probably going to have to get my younger brother, who goes to L-R, to check it out for me.

My big thing now would be taking all of the notes and trying to organize them in a flow on paper.

No comments: