Monday, September 17, 2007

Progress as of 9/17/07

Well, things are going great....so far.
I have found many great books to help aid me in this big research assignment. Some of them have really been diamonds in the rough. One book I found in our library, Handbook of Studies on Men and Masculinities, has proved to be more useful to me than I could have pictured judging by the sound of the title. If anyone is doing any gender studies or even social and cultural anthropology, I highly recommend this one.

The Ethnic Eye, also found in our library, has been THE treasure trove. Not only does it emphasize the topics that I am looking for all in one book, but it mentions films and documentaries. Some of these I am planning on using in my presentation(s).

OK, here is the bad news: the books are due back to the library Friday. I have two or three books checked out for another class that are do on Thursday, so I have been trying to bounce back and forth between the books. Trying to get as much information out of them as I can. I have four or five big papers this semester, people...blegh!

I hope everyone else is having the luck I am experiencing with finding things.

No comments: