Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blogging and (Preliminary) Timeline

Hello to all,

So, I guess I am now known as the "comment king" (and yes, for those of you in development class, despite the nature of my topic, I did mean to say king!) The majority of you guys' topics sound really cool, so I cannot help but read what everyone is planning to do. But, as Harriette pointed out, I should post a little more regularly, so sure,
I'm happy to oblige.

I need to make a time line (among some other things) so here is what I have so far:

By:

9/24 -I will have finished my complete readings of the Ethnic Eye and Hispanisms and Homosexualities, and a proper thesis.

10/1 -I will have written up not only a proper proposal, but also a draft of the paper, just to see how things flow. Possibly meet with my advisor Cynthia to see if she has any relevant material (and I know she will!).

10/8 -Mostly depends on what Harriette says to me after my 10/2 appt. w/ her. Definately by this time I need to talk with someone in both ASU and L-R (my hometown) libraries to see what kind of media they will lend me to aid in my presentation and work. I will also present my material to the class on 10/16.

10/24 -Hopefully by this point I will start to actually do the final draft. (fingers crossed).

11/6 - More work on the grammatical points of the paper, which means a visit to the writing center. More meetings with people who will help me with my presentation, which at this point remains a surprise to everyone on campus.

Again, this is not set in stone, but these are the gaols I have set for myself.

1 comment:

Dr. B said...

Mark,

This time line seems reasonable.

As for identifying media, have you considered talking with someone at the multicultural office or the equity office to see if they know of media resources? I don't know that such a consultation will be fruitful, but it certainly would not hurt to give them a call.